We gladly welcome people with reduced mobility at our hostel and we try to offer the best possible stay we can offer due to the infrastructural environment. Palace Hostel is due to its hillside location characterized by many staircases. A handicapped access to Palace Hostel is therefore not possible. Within our possibilities we try to support our guests.
Rooms and public areas
Our hostel has the following public areas:
Reception, lobby, public toilets, restaurant and two terraces
None of those areas is handicapped accessible.
Our guest room are situated at floor 1 and 2 and are partly barrier-free accessible via the garden.
- All our public areas are equipped with tiled or rubber floor.
- Our reception is located on floor 1 and is not handicapped accessible. From 7.30 and 23.00 our reception is available to our guests.
- Light switches are all attached at a height of one meter. Therefore all our light switches are reachable from a wheelchair.
- All our rooms are equipped with private showers. However a barrier-free access is not possible.
- By request we can offer a nonslip underlay and seat options for our showers.
- All meals are served in a self service-buffet form.
- Our common areas are not barrier-free accessible.
- Our big garden with terrace is from some rooms limited barrier-free accessible.
Location and arrival
As a sustainable hostel we are happy if you leave your car at home and travel with public transports. Our hostel is from nearly all parts of Vienna handicapped accessible and the bus station Wilhelminenberg is only 300 m from the hostel and handicapped accessible. With the busses 46A, 46B and U3 you can reach our hostel from many parts of Vienna. Due to our convenient location it is easy to reach our hostel with you own car. You can use our private parking space for free during your stay.
- You can reach us barrier-free with public means of transport from all important transport hubs within Vienna. A barrier-free arrival is from the airport Vienna as easy as from the main train station and the train station Meidling. If you need a taxi we can also organize that for you.
- All metro stations and 95% of all bus and tram station in Vienna are handicapped accessible. Therefore a sightseeing tour without your private car is easily doable.
- If you prefer to arrive by your own car you can leave your car at our parking space for free. Up to your arrival you can park your car within the loading zone in front of the entrance.
Within future investments, based on our economical opportunities, further improvements into our barrier-free offer are planed.